Friday 4 January 2013

New Shalves for Pearl

Yesterday I heard the boys making noise in the basement.  I asked them what they were doing and they said that they were making a new set of shalves.

They were scraping all the bark off of two thick branches.

That's a pretty neat tool.  I think they thought so too...

So, this morning I heard a noise in the basement and then I looked out and saw Jack dragging the shalves up to the barn.

I know what that means....sleigh ride!

Terry helped them get Pearl all hitched up.

See...these are the new shalves...

Terry let Grady take the lines and we went for a ride.

Lydia smiled even though the wind was wickedly cold.

When we got back the boys decided they wanted to go for another round....all by themselves.

How did they grow up so fast?  They are out driving a horse all by themselves.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.