Tuesday 12 February 2013

Monday.

Just a regular Monday.  The alarm went off at 1 a.m.....Terry went out to check on the cows.  All was well...none were calving. 

I couldn't get back to sleep....but I must have.

The alarm went off again at 4:30 a.m.  Terry headed off to work.

I couldn't get back to sleep.  I just lay there for awhile and then I decided I better just get up and start the day.

School buses were all cancelled once again.  There was the threat of freezing rain.  Johanna would be pleased.  The buses had also been cancelled on Friday due to a blizzard.  She was in for a 4 day weekend. 

We went off to do chores.  I lugged the pails of water to the sheep....as I could here my chiropractor whispering in my ear to not fill them so full....but that would mean twice as many trips to the trough.  As I lifted the pail of water over the gate to dump it, it tipped the wrong way and part of it poured all over the front of me and into my mitts.  Oh, well...at least it wasn't very cold outside.  But as I walked out of the barn and hit the air outside the entire front of me became ice.  Definitely a new fashion look.

I had to stop out at the store before heading home.  As I was leaving, the milk delivery man was coming through the door.  He mentioned that my back tire was nearly flat.  I thanked him....and said that I had just put more air in it....but I will need to put more in it.

By 10:30a.m. I was famished and pretty much exhausted.  I warmed up some left over chili and as I started eating one of the kids noticed...and then they all decided it was lunch time too.

Afternoon came and I put the roast of beef in the oven for supper.  I noticed that it was a rather big roast...bigger than usual.  AND I wasn't sure if it was thawed in the middle.  I was worried that it wouldn't be cooked in time.  The girls had step dancing/fiddle lessons that evening so we would need to eat supper a little bit earlier than usual if they were to make it on time.

Everything was ready except the roast.  It was just too rare when I cut into it.  But the girls needed to eat.  So I cut around the outside and then put the roast back in the oven.  That would probably make a chef scream in horror....but I had to do it.

Evening was upon us and I was ready to go to bed at any time.

Lydia was up on a stool and she needed to be pushed in.  As I grabbed ahold of the stool to move it forward she jumped up and banged her head right into my mouth.  Oh the pain.  My tooth had broken through the inside of my lip.  I got some ice on it but I could feel it swelling.

My day was over....I went to bed.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.