Wednesday 20 March 2013

7 Toothbrushes

This old farmhouse has one bathroom.  That's fine by me.  I hate cleaning the toilet and when there is only one....that's good.

I know some people who have more toilets than people in their house.

That's fine by me too....so long as I'm not cleaning all their toilets.

So that means there are 7 toothbrushes in the one bathroom.  This can get confusing.  We get a free toothbrush when we go to the dentist but he doesn't seem to have very many colours.

I need to concentrate when I pick my toothbrush because Grady also has the exact same toothbrush.  I took a Sharpie and marked my handle up a bit....that way we know that it's mine.

I've been doing really well.  I haven't even messed up once.  I always get it right.

But when it comes to figuring out other peoples toothbrushes I can't keep it straight.

Sophie and Lydia always want me to put toothpaste on their toothbrushes....especially when the toothpaste is getting to the end of the tube and it's hard to get out.

This is where my problem happens.  I can't figure out which toothbrush belongs to who.

Last night, Sophie wanted to know WHY??....WHY can I never remember which toothbrush belongs to her?

I told her that it was because I was a very old woman and I forget things.  That happens when you get old.

I think she felt bad for me because she said that it was okay.....because she is really good at reminding. 

So we will just carry on forgetting and reminding and everything will be okay.

Brenda

Update:  I took a good look at all those toothbrushes in there and then I counted them.  There are actually 9....no wonder I'm so confused.

3 comments:

  1. May I suggest stickers? Or medical tape with the names written on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tape idea comes from what I use to see at the Helferty household with so many kids at home :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.