Sunday 24 March 2013

Over the Flu...and back to Normal

The flu hit me on Friday.  It had been making the rounds in this house all week...so it was my turn.  It just knocked me out.  I hadn't felt that sick in a long time.  And as I lay there I was thinking...this is the way I used to feel when I was pregnant.  I was always so sick when I was pregnant.

I think that's what made me have so many bizarre dreams.  I was thinking of being sick and pregnant and I kept drifting in and out of sleep.

I had a dream about the barn cat having kittens.

And then I woke up.

I had a dream that a friend of mine was expecting.  I was just thrilled for her.  Then she told me that she actually wasn't going to have a child...she was going to have a litter of pigs.

Then I woke up.  I was so glad that I woke up....and I was a little afraid to go back to sleep.

So, I was really looking forward to getting a good night's sleep last night...and it worked out fairly well.  I only had to get up a few times during the night to attend to the children.

And this morning, everyone was feeling pretty good.  We all got up and got prepared for Mass.

Before we were going to go out the door....

Me:  "Wait a minute, I forgot to wash Lydia's hair."

Everyone looked at me...like....what?

Me:  "No, I mean...I forgot to brush her face."

Everyone looked at me....like...what?

I said no more.  I went to the bathroom and got a clean cloth and a brush.  I washed her face and brushed her hair.

I'm back to normal...and that's good.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.