Monday 20 May 2013

The Neapolitan Rose Cake

I made the rose cake a couple of weeks ago. 

But then I saw the Neapolitan Rose Cake on the i am baker blog and I decided that I needed to try that one too.

I made my three cakes...chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.....all from scratch.  I actually didn't have a strawberry cake recipe so I just winged it and tweaked my white cake recipe a bit and added a box strawberry jello to it. 

I stacked them up and put a thin coat of buttercream on the entire cake.  Then I tried to make the swirls.  It was a little difficult....I didn't have the exact tip that the baker lady had used.  AND it took an incredible amount of icing....I think it was two and a half batches....and it was only an 8 inch cake.  That's a crazy amount of icing.  But it didn't matter because we weren't going to be eating it.  I donated it to the bake sale at the library and they raffled it off.  Someone else would have to deal with all that icing.



While I was at it, I thought I'd make up a couple of Cake in a Jar's.....Neapolitan style.




I think I might take a few to the Farmers' Market this summer.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.