Tuesday 13 August 2013

Zucchini Muffins

I wasn't paying attention.

Some of the zucchinis in the garden got a little too big.

They grow FAST.

The kids were happy....because they knew that I would make zucchini muffins.

They love zucchini muffins.

Here is the recipe:

Zucchini Muffins

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup veg oil
2 cups grated raw zucchini
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts or raisins (I don't)

Combine all dry ingred. (first 5 listed above)
Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
Stir in sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla.
Add dry ingred.
Add nuts or raisins...if you want.  I don't because the kids don't like them.
Line your muffin tins or grease them. 
Pour batter in.
Bake at 350F until done.  Sorry I don't know how long.  Maybe 25 minutes.  Check it with a toothpick.

I double this recipe so I won't have to make more the next day.


This is my Mom's recipe...but it was called Zucchini Bread.  She always made small loaves of it.....but I make it into muffins.

We like to split the muffin open and put a little butter on it.  This adds to the fat factor but it's okay because you are actually eating a vegetable....or that's what I like to think.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.