Tuesday 10 September 2013

Chicken Sandwiches

Grady started grade 9 last week and we have all been getting into the new routine.

I've been trying really hard at making sure there is meat for lunches, muffins for lunches and fruit for lunches.

I've been thinking a lot about lunches.

I've been packing lunches....and this is new to me.

This morning I asked Grady if he wanted chicken, pork or ham on his sandwiches....and he chose chicken.

I had roasted a meat bird last night and I made him two beautiful sandwiches...they even had some leftover stuffing on them.

They were good looking sandwiches.

I put them into a container.

Then I put the container into the fridge and I put the container with the leftover chicken into his lunch bag.

Oooooppps.

Then at lunch time Jack was looking for the leftover chicken.  I told him where it was in the fridge...but he said that he couldn't find it.

I said, "It's right here.".....and I grabbed the container on the top shelf and then I looked and saw that it contained Grady's two beautiful sandwiches.

I groaned.

I felt so sick.

I looked at the clock.  He had already had lunch at school....they have an early lunch.

There was nothing I could do.

By 2 p.m. I was able to laugh about it.

When I picked him up off the bus....he was able to laugh about it too.

I will get it right tomorrow.

I hope.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.