Thursday 19 December 2013

Cinnamon Buns

This bun recipe has been screaming at me.

 
I needed to make them.

I also needed gifts for the fiddle teacher, step dancing teacher, school teacher, bus driver, librarian, neighbours and our priest.

These buns would be it.


One batch makes 7 pans....that's a lot of buns!  I figured maybe I could just make individual 'big' buns and put them in those mini pie pans.

But then I thought about it.

That would be an extremely cruel and mean gift.

Just one bun.

These buns aren't meant to be eaten alone....as just one bun.

A person needs to have the entire pan.....if they share it or not is entirely up to them.


So I made two batches.

They were amazing....knock your socks off....unbelievable.

The only thing that I did differently was that I didn't melt the butter....I just softened it.


And spread it on thick.

I also changed the icing a bit.

I'm not a coffee drinker.  I didn't want to put coffee in it.

And I didn't have maple syrup flavouring.....but I had a whole whiskey bottle full of our maple syrup.

So I gave the icing a real maple syrup flavour.

And it was amazing....knock your socks off....unbelievable.

The girls raided the craft box and made tags and pinecone angel ornaments to attach to each pan of buns.


 


And we delivered them.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.