Tuesday 22 July 2014

Last Week

Walk into a nursing home with three pretty, dressed up girls and you'll feel like a celebrity.

There was shouting and hooting and hollering.


A resident was sitting in the front lounge and she needed to talk to Lydia.....of course Lydia wasn't so sure about it.

But I reassured her...and we spoke to the woman....and she was overjoyed.

"You make me so happy."...that's what she kept saying.


We chatted for a few minutes and I realized that we had a lot in common...she was also once a farmer's wife.  She was super excited when we told her that we were here for the birthday party.  The girls were going to fiddle and dance.


And eat cake.


I love taking my children to these kinds of events.  You just need to show up and you feel loved.

That was on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, we went with a 4-H group on a farm tour of McGregor's Produce just outside of Renfrew.


And the raspberries were ripe....and so so good!


On Thursday, we hosted a 4-H Sheep meeting at our place.


And Lydia finished up her T-ball season.



And sunbeams came out of the clouds just before sunset.


And the boys worked at the hay.  I guess I need to take some pictures of them.

And I made 21 pies.

That sums up last week.

Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda
    Just going through the blogs I read and found pictures of my own farm on your blog. How nice! I wanted to be home for that meeting but I work at the Pembroke Farmers Market on Wednesdays. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. I love your blog!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb
      Your farm is beautiful! Your husband gave us an excellent tour. I learned a lot...and so did the kids! It's too bad that we didn't get to meet each other. I'll have to let you know the next time that I'm coming to pick!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.