Wednesday 8 October 2014

Melting Beads on the Barbeque

I took out a book from the library a couple of weeks ago.  It was called The Artful Parent by Jean Van't Hul.  It turns out that she is also a blogger....and has some great ideas on crafting with kids.

After browsing her blog for ideas....she has really really good ideas....I made the light table for Lydia and then we did these....

Melted Bead Suncatchers

They are really easy to make and I had everything I needed to make them....not having to go into town for supplies is a bonus.

I had a really old tin....that I was going to throw out.....it was in a box with a bunch of stuff that was purchased at an auction sale.


The kids filled them with beads.  Lydia spent a lot of time making patterns.


I even made one with a shamrock.


Then I put the tin on the barbeque and let the beads melt.


After they had cooled we hung them in the window.




And the next day we had to make more.


Brenda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.