Thursday 20 November 2014

40

I turned 40 this past weekend.

The BIG 4-0.

I'm not a big celebrator of birthdays.  They asked me what I wanted to do.

Nothing I said.  And I meant it.

Word got out before Mass that it was my birthday....and it just so happened that I was a catechist after Mass with the First Reconciliation/First Communion group.  So I had seventeen 7 year olds sing "Happy Birthday" to me....Sophie included.  It was actually quite adorable.

We went out for supper to the Ag hall where the Ag Society was serving a turkey dinner.  No one there knew it was my birthday.  It was perfect.

When we got back home, my Mom and Dad brought over a cake.  They sang.  We ate.  It was perfect.

Then I snuggled into bed and read a book.  It was perfect.

But turning 40 has made me think a little.  It feels like it's a beginning.  I've spent the last 16 years raising my children....and I still am....and they will always be my priority.  But they are growing up and I am finding that I now have more time to find out who I am and what I want to do next.

It's exciting and I'm making plans.

40 feels good.

Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! Happy 40th! Here's to new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Brenda!

    Maria Fofuca ( we were at your farm in the summer and had a great time)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.