Thursday 13 November 2014

Chores with Lydia

Jack decided that he needed a few days off....for hunting...with his uncles. 

I thought that was a good idea.

So, it's just been me and Lydia.

Yesterday we went into town for groceries....but we also had to buy some more loom elastics and some golden nail polish....because it will match her hair. 

We also had to buy popsicles.  I don't understand how she can eat popsicles in November.

She really enjoys doing all the chores with just me....because usually Jack does some and I do some and she can't decide who to go with.  But when it's just her and me....she gets to do all the chores.

We watered and fed the sheep first.


There are three ewes separated with a ram in a pen of their own right now.  They need to be bred now....so their lambs will be the right size for showing at the fairs next year.  Jack has this all organized....I don't ask any questions.  He knows all things sheep.

The rest are free to eat at the feeder and go in and out of the barn.

Lydia showed me where Jack keeps all the twines off of the bales.  I'm always tripping over those if they are left lying around.


Then we were off to feed and water the hens.  We have them all staying the log barn for the winter.


Jack made this new roost for them a couple of days ago.  They are quite comfortable.


Lydia insisted on filling the pail with feed.



Then we had to throw out some hay to the calves that were just weaned.


They were happy to see us.  Lydia is always trying to pet them on their heads while they eat.  She was telling me that the black and white one is her favourite and her name is "Daisy".


But Daisy didn't want all the attention....and she kept stepping back.....all she wanted was breakfast.


Then we fed the horses and filled the furnace with wood....it's cold and windy today. 

"There was a skift of snow on the ground the smorning."

She has made some plans for today.....we will be shooting hoops, reading books and baking.

Sounds good.

Brenda 

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.