Monday 1 December 2014

Cake in a Jars

I made up some Cake in a Jars on Friday.  I hadn't made them in quite awhile.

We were going to a couple of events on the weekend that needed raffle prizes/silent auction items, and so I thought I would contribute.

People had been disappointed at the market during the summer when I hadn't been making them....I just didn't seem to have the time for some reason.....and I learned that pies sell faster.  So I stuck with the pies....but the Cake in a Jar fans were upset.

So I baked a big chocolate cake....enough for plenty of leftovers for the kids....because the kids haven't been getting the baked goods around here lately.

And I whipped up the buttercream.


And I bought these sweet holiday sprinkles.


And I jammed them all in the little jars.


I made a few with cherry pie filling too....that was always the favourite flavour at the market......making it 'Blackforest' cake.


Jack had his heart set on getting that Blackforest one at the 4-H Banquet.


And lo and behold they pulled his name.....and he won it.

Lucky boy.

Brenda

2 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of little cousins who would love to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Rachel! Have fun with it....you can make all different flavours of cakes and all different fillings for the middles too! Kids just love them.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.