Monday 22 December 2014

Christmas Parade 2014

People see us like this...


We are so happy.  We are having SO MUCH FUN.  It's ridiculous.


Actually....we did eventually have fun. 

And we won FIRST PLACE for the best float. 

So....I guess it was all worth it.

BUT. THE. WORK.

People don't know how much work goes into putting this little float together.

AND....then the complaining.

Baby Jesus was bribed.  She didn't want to be baby Jesus.  I confess....she got chocolate.  and promises.  But she did it.  I don't think she smiled once during the whole parade....but we caught her waving a small little wave a few times at the crowds.  So I think that she actually did had fun.


Grady refused to get on the float with us.  I knew that bribing was not going to work with him.  He's 15 and he's a young man....and he didn't want to be a shepherd.  He rode in the truck with Grandpa.  But he did lots of work putting the float together....so there was no way that I was going to complain to him.


Jack really didn't want to be on the float....he would rather have been up front in the truck.  BUT.....there was a sheep on the float....and he is actually a shepherd in real life....and he needed to be there with the sheep.  for the sheep.  controlling the sheep.  So, he got on the float.  He wasn't impressed when I put the pillowcase on his head....I told him that he didn't need to wear the full out sheet like his father.  BUT he needed the pillowcase....he needed to blend in with the rest of us.  And when the crowd kept commenting on the 'real' sheep.....he couldn't help but smile.  The newspaper got a great photo of him!


Our little 'Mary'....Sophie....was over the top excited about the whole thing.  She was waving and shouting 'Merry Christmas' the whole entire time.  That girl was born for parades.

Johanna didn't complain.  She knew that there was no way of getting out of it.  And she even had to try to put me together....after I had dressed everyone else.

Being an angel was not easy....


And Terry....he does not complain.  EVER.  Not about any of my ideas anyway.

But the whole entire thing was exhausting.  I said 'enjoy this guys....because this is it.  no more floats.  no more parades.  no more crazy.'



And then Terry mentioned to me today....something about the St. Patrick's Day Parade in March.

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! Wished we could of been there to see the Dwyer's and the Douglas Community go by!

    Maybe the family will enjoy the "crazy" amount of work that goes into it, and be up for the parade in March. It's quite a while away ;p (In a blink of an eye!)

    Merry Christmas to the Dwyers and Andrews!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.