Tuesday 2 December 2014

Lydia's Christmas List

Lydia was writing out her Christmas List the other night.

First on the list was a key chain.  A key chain?

She explained.  She wants the same one that Sophie received at her birthday.  It's a key chain with a light and it's personalized....it has 'Sophie' on it.

me....'what if Santa can't find one with your name on it?'

her....'I DON'T CARE WHOSE NAME IS ON IT.  I JUST WANT ONE.'

okay.

She continued....thinking and writing....

A Barbie boat.  Really?

me....'You don't even play with Barbies.....and does she really have a boat?'

her.....'Barbie has EVERYTHING.  She must have a boat.'

She has never even seen a Barbie boat.  But it's on the list.

She continued....thinking some more.

Then she looked at me and said, "Let me get this straight.  There are little guys up there.  These elf guys and they are sittin' at table and they are going to make me this stuff?"

me....'Apparently....yes.  That's the story I got.'

She continued...thinking.

She wrote a few more things.....including fake nails....and then she was struggling for suggestions.

I said, "What about those cozy pajamas that you saw at No Frills?  They would be nice."

her.....'There is NO WAY that those little elves will be able to make those exactly the same as the ones in No Frills.  NO WAY.  And I want the ones in No Frills....I don't want different ones.  NO WAY.'

me...'Take a chance.  PLEASE.  Just take a chance.  Put those pajamas on your list.'

Eventually she did.

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. A key chain and a Barbie boat?!! Will keep my eye out for a Lydia key chain...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.