Saturday 31 January 2015

A Trip to Town

Yesterday was a P.D. day....so the kids had no school.


But it actually would have been a snowday if there was school because it snowed Thursday and Thursday night and then the wind blew it all around.


Johanna and Grady had finished their exams earlier in the week and I had promised Johanna that we would go to town on Friday.  Because we all just needed a day to go to town.


When I got up I wasn't sure about going to town....but then Terry said that I had a 4 wheel drive truck....and that I could go anywhere....I think he knew that I needed a day out of the house.


So the three girls and I headed into town. 


I needed to pick up a doorknob for the bathroom...one of those ones with a lock.  We were in Home Hardware looking at all the knobs when Lydia saw those ones with the passcodes on them....they are for your front door.  She told me that we should actually get one of those because kids get locked in the bathroom at Grandma's and it would be so much easier to get them out if there was a passcode.  AND it would be just so neat at have a passcode doorknob.  But I wasn't going to buy that for the bathroom.  That would be ridiculous.


Then we were in Walmart and Sophie decided that she was buying herself a can of Pringles chips....I HATE those chips and I refuse to buy them....but she had come with her money and she was ready to spend it.  Of course Lydia decided that she was also in need of Pringles chips....but she somehow had left her cash at home.....she has done this before.  I told her that I would buy them but she would have to pay me back when we got home.

When Sophie got to the cash with the chips, she didn't have enough small change...so she had to break her twenty bill.  She got her change.  I paid for my things and then we all piled back into the truck.  Then Lydia....in a big booming voice.....announced that next time she was definitely going to bring her money to pay. 

BECAUSE SOPHIE JUST MADE A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY FROM THAT LADY.  THAT LADY GAVE HER ALL THAT MONEY JUST FOR BUYING THOSE CHIPS.

And we all tried to explain to her that it was change from a twenty.  Sophie didn't make any money.

But we couldn't convince her.

I love those moments.


Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.