Monday 16 February 2015

Family Day Weekend

It was unbelievably cold this past weekend.  Well....not really...it's winter.

But anyways, it was cold.

Calf number 18 was born and he was the first to come into the mud room and experience the salon treatment this year.  He got a total blow dry off with my trusty hair dryer.


He is doing great....and he has returned to the barn.

I made this cake....


It took me a ridiculous amount of time to decorate.


And I don't care if I ever see that cake pan again.


But Tasha was super excited when she saw it....so that made it all worth the work!

The kids had their Square Dance Achievement night.

Sophie had the camera this year.....



And as always....when they asked everyone to join in.....I was suckered into dancing.



I spent more time trying to figure out if I was a boy or a girl (I was a boy)....and which hand was my right and my left (I've always had serious problems with this).



I think the young lads in our square were ticked....because we kept screwing everything up....and then we just laughed hysterically about it.



We headed to Calabogie Lake for a family get together on Saturday.  The boys were happy to get out on the ice to fish.  I stayed inside and ate and didn't take any photos.

I stayed inside again yesterday....and I made ribs.

I stayed inside again for most of the day today....and I roasted a meat bird.

It's all about the food when it's this cold.

But I did get out for a walk this afternoon....the sun was warm....and I had to peek in at all those new calves.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.