Friday 20 March 2015

The March Break

It's been cold.

The sap hasn't really had a good run yet....there was some today....but it's suppose to get really cold again.

We've had a pretty uneventful March break.  Which is perfect.

I cleaned the living room.  Really cleaned it.  Sorted all the books and games....put everything in it's place.

And then Sophie walked into the room and she was all drama....MOM...YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD CLEANER!  THIS ROOM IS SO CLEAN!  IT LOOKS SO GOOD.

I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.

It was as if I had never cleaned anything before.

I admit....I have vacuumed around things.

And she is my fourth child.....so by the time she arrived I had totally relaxed given up on keeping the house clean.

Our house isn't dirty....it's just lived in.  I do clean...but the state of clean never lasts.  How can it when it's six against one?

Anyways, twin lambs arrived on Monday night.  They are adorable....and it's amazing how much they have grown already.  Their little wrinkly bodies are really filling out.  They spend all their time doing this....


And hanging out under the heat lamp...


 
There is another ewe that should lamb at any time.  But all she does is this when I look in at her....


Johanna will return from Peru this weekend and I can't wait to hear about all of her adventures.  They tore down an elderly woman's bamboo house and then rebuilt it.....totally changing the woman's life.

Johanna had been a little disappointed when she realized that she wasn't going to be able to take her fiddle on the trip.  But on the weekend all of the kids were put into family homes to really experience the culture....and Johanna ended up in a home with two teenage girls that play classical violin!  She had found a fiddle to play!

She took her stepdancing shoes and danced at several different places on St. Patrick's Day.  The Peruvians are all staring at her feet in the photos!

I still don't know if she has any toothpaste....

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.