Sunday 28 June 2015

It's SUMMER!

It's SUMMER!!

Grady had a birthday.  He turned 16.  And that's crazy. 

His friends had a party for him...in OUR garage.  There were about 30 of them.  And that was a little crazy.


Do you see that Baby Alive doll that Lydia is holding?  She is the first child of mine to play with a doll.  That doll is so annoying.  It comes alive and talks to us when Lydia goes to bed every night.  It's creepy.  Terry says that its got its days and nights mixed up.  We talk about it like it's a real baby.  It's so ridiculous.  We asked Lydia what to do with her when she wakes up and she says to kiss her.  But we don't want to do that.

Sophie cleaned out her desk on the second last day of school.


I had all my questions answered.  All those questions that I had at the beginning of the school year.


Terry asked me about a month ago when the last day of school was and I told him that I had no idea because they don't give out school calendars anymore.  Guess what.  They do.  Only Sophie brought hers home on the second last day of school.


I think that the teachers think that I'm a little 'spacey'....I don't seem to know what is going on....but really I don't know what's going on.  until the second last day of school. 


Sophie did have another excellent year at school.  She received 'the most co-operative' student award in her class.  You obviously don't need to bring home any newsletters to your mother to get this award.

I've been baking for the farmers' market and the boys have been bringing in the hay.  I think they have 2300 square bales in the barn.  I didn't manage to get any photos of them loading and unloading....because I was baking.  But I did get photos of this.  They had finished the hay and then they hitched up Pearl and scuffled the potatoes.


There's my three favourite guys. 


I love it when they scuffle the potatoes.

You can't see it but their pant pockets are full of hay.  Handfuls.  I actually take their pants outside and empty the pockets out there before I put them in the washing machine.

But that's okay.  Because it's summer.

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Scuffle the potatoes? ;p Now I'm craving scalloped potatoes!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.