Friday 11 September 2015

End of Summer Sunset

The first couple of weeks of school didn't feel like the first couple of weeks of school.

It was hot.

And humid.

There was a lot of this....


...look at Sophie jumping in the deep end with no water wings....she has gotten so confident in her swimming this year....


but she still likes to be silly and wear all of these at once.....


And Jack has perfected his dive....


And it felt like maybe summer just wasn't ever going to end.

But then a couple of days ago you could just feel the humidity lifting during the afternoon.

It was going away.  It was cooling down.

And then there was this.....


I was out for my walk...without a camera and I could just see the sky changing infront of me.  It was breathtaking. 

By the time I got back to the house and got the camera it was getting darker.


But the sky just kept changing and the colours were amazing.

I was pink all the way around.

The sunsets here are usually spectacular...but this one was beyond.  Just a delight to watch.

And as it got darker it just kept changing.



Good bye summer.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.