Monday 30 November 2015

The Front Room

We bought another farm three years ago.  Another farm.  Another farmhouse.  Uuuuggg.

We didn't need another house.  But every time we buy a farm....there is another house with it.

The first time this happened....14 years ago....I turned the second 'farmhouse' into 'Dwyer's Farmhouse' and we've had quite an adventure with it.  We have met beautiful families that have become friends and welcomed guests from all over the world.....it's been very good.

Many of our guests have been to the property with the 'third' house....because this is the farm with the sheep and garden...and more cows and horses.  People suggested that we turn it into another rental style farmhouse for tourists.  But I said NO....I have other ideas.

I think this what happens when a person with a business marketing diploma marries a farmer....maybe?

This 'third' house has become my baking house for the market.  We tore out the old kitchen and put in some stainless steel work tables.  It's my place to escape and bake.

Johanna has been using one of the front rooms for her fiddle and step dancing lessons.  It's a good space for her.

The other front room of this 'third' house is full of possibilities.

I've been painting and creating and decorating.


I don't have a 'before' photo.....the wainscoting was dark....the paint was very old and yellowish.


I was asked if I would be interested in catering a small wedding dinner.  YES.


But I had to get this space ready....and this wedding was just the push I needed.  


The cake, the food, the space....it was all up to me!



I bought this little table at an auction sale....it didn't look like that when I purchased it!  I think it had been in a garage for years.  It was very dirty and ugly.  I love paint!  It was the perfect table for the wedding cake.


She wanted something rustic and country.....

So I used lots of burlap, twine, pinecones and glass in my decorating.


I made them this sign as their wedding gift.


And they arrived!....I was busy in the kitchen but I managed to step out to snap these....


The photographer had some fun with that wagon of hay that had been left in the yard.


And photos at the big red door at the barn were a must....

 
Supper was served...


And then cake....


And when they had all left for the reception and the dishes were all washed....I sat down to have a glass of wine...and then I decorated this cake for the next day....


It was for a sweet girl who was turning one.


But I can't believe that my 'third' house is finally ready....I have my own 'party' house!

For nights of music and food and good company.

For birthdays and bridal showers and FUN!

A space for cake decorating and pie making classes...

I can't wait for this next adventure!

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.