Wednesday 6 January 2016

Crazy Dreams

We went out for New Year's Eve....and I stayed awake until after midnight!  That's big deal for an old woman like me!

I actually didn't get to sleep until 3am....and I had to drive Grady down to the milk barn at 4:10am.  That was a quick hour of sleep....and yes...I was out driving around in my pj's.

I dropped him off and headed back to bed....I knew I could get another hour of sleep before I had to go back and pick him up!

Of course...broken sleep means really stupid dreams for me.  My dreams can be so ridiculous and when I tell them to Terry he always says to never tell anyone....because people would think I was crazy.

So.....cue 'strange dream no.1'.  I'm mopping a floor and all of a sudden I can hear a man screaming that he's going to die....he is trapped in the floor.  And the floor is shaking....and he needs out....NOW! 

Of course I wake up....jolted awake.  And a few minutes later I hear Sophie go down the stairs...she is up for the day.  And a few minutes later the phone rings....Grady is ready to be picked up.

And I'm out driving around in my pj's again.

I come in the door exhausted.  It's 6:20am.  I asked Sophie to please wake me up at 7:30am.  I tell her that I just need one more hour of sleep.  She doesn't know that I was out all night!

Cue 'strange dream no.2'.  I don't know where I was but there was a lot of people....very hungry people.  I baked this huge loaf of bread...it was massive....too big to fit in an oven.  And there were two guys there.  I knew one of them....and I don't know why he was in my dream....but anyways....one guy was slicing the bread and the guy that I knew had this blow torch and he was blow torching the end of the loaf of bread before the other guy would slice off another piece. 

I was fuming mad at the guy with the blow torch....he was ruining my beautiful loaf of bread.  So I asked him...."WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" And he just laughed at me and told me that he was toasting all the pieces of bread for everyone.

And then I woke up.

Yes...I got 3 hours of sleep....only it was broken sleep....one hour at a time.

And I went on with my day and when I was making supper around 4pm I mentioned that I felt like I was going to throw up....because I was just so tired!

I went to bed at 6pm....and slept for 12 hours....with NO dreams that I remember!

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.