Wednesday 13 January 2016

The bus. The magic show. The soup.

The other morning we were all sitting in the truck waiting on the bus.

Waiting.

and waiting.

and waiting.

She was a little late.

Then Lydia says..."Oh....here comes the bus!"

and we all look in the direction of where the bus would be coming.

but it's not actually coming.

'HA HA!  MADE YOU LOOK!'

what a girl.

That game never gets old.

Sophie treated us to a magic show on Saturday evening.


We had to get advanced tickets.

That girl can plan.

She punched our tickets when we arrived.  She had a raffle for a door prize.  She had bowls of 'popcorn' for us to snack on during the show.

And the show....it was amazing!  She practised all day!  Terry and the boys made her redo some of the tricks because they couldn't figure out how she did them!

Due to the policy of 'no electronects', I wasn't able to get any pictures.

It was very good.  We are sending her to magician school. 

Just kidding.

Winter has arrived.  I didn't go outside to take these pictures.  I just looked thru the window.


Because it was a wee bit windy and I didn't feel like freezing my face off.


But on this day the sun was out and it was much more bearable....


And on this morning Terry and I went for a drive to town and it was like a winter wonderland.  It's called hoar frost.  and I don't know why.



I made the best soup for lunch today.  I had roasted a meatbird the other night and I kept the bones to make a broth.  I added carrots, celery and onion.  And then mushrooms and spinach.  And then a can of tomato paste....I've never done that before.  And then pasta shells.  And then some half and half cream.


Oh my goodness.  So good.

Brenda



2 comments:

  1. Ella loves doing magic too. She needs to work on the practice part though. She thinks she should be able to do things perfectly the first time.

    According to Wikipedia, "The name hoar comes from an Old English adjective that means "showing signs of old age"; in this context it refers to the frost that makes trees and bushes look like white hair." I love when the trees are covered in hoar frost, makes everything so pretty.

    Mmm, that soup sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this Paula! The frost does look like white hair when you are really close to it. I love it too!

      The soup was so good....the tomato paste just gave it a whole new flavour! I make chicken soup all the time but this was a nice change.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.