Tuesday 31 January 2017

My Teeth

I've always been obsessed with my teeth. 

I love to brush my teeth.  and floss my teeth.

I remember them teasing me in university.  Everyone else was drunk as a skunk and passed out and I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth before I went to bed.  You can't actually sleep without brushing your teeth....can you?

I'm so anal.

I grew up brushing all the wrong way and I have scrubbed the gums away from my teeth....and it can't be fixed.  and now I have sensitive teeth.

I used to love going to the dentist.  not so much anymore.

I went yesterday.

First thing I was asked....do you use Listerine?

Why yes....I do.  I don't use water to rinse my mouth after I brush...I rinse with Listerine.

How many times a day?

Every time I brush....at least twice.

How long have you been doing this for?

Years....mostly because it was recommended....by the dentist...to use Listerine.  But I guess it wasn't recommended that I do this all the time.

I've overdosed.  She scraped the inside of my cheek to show me.  Listerine is destroying all the tissues in my mouth.  It's like a pink slime.  I had felt it several times before but I didn't know what it was....or thought much about it.

And I need to go back because they have to seal over a place where I have scrubbed so hard that my parts of teeth are showing that shouldn't be....the gum is pushed back too far.

I was working on that back in my university days.....

It was recommended that I buy this new fancy electric brush.  It's the Oral B Genius.

I bought it and then bought enough heads for it so that everyone here can use it.  I tried it out and I was telling myself to stop moving it like it was a brush....just let it work and go over my teeth the way it's suppose too.  There was blood.  It's going to be a new learning curve for me.  But I love how it reaches all the way to the back and brushes those back teeth that you really can't brush with a manual brush.  But it sort of vibrates my head.  Which is weird.

So it sits on a charger in the bathroom.

Last night about 2:30am I wake up and see this flashing light.  I'm blind without my glasses and I was so out of it I couldn't figure out if that was coming from the window or the doorway. 

But I figured that the cops or something must be here because that flashing light was constant and not going away.

I got up....grabbed my glasses...realized that it was coming from the hallway.  Followed it to the bathroom.

Oh.  It's the new toothbrush....with it's flashing charger light.

Lighting up the whole house.

And there are no cops.

I unplugged it.

I went back to bed.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.