Monday 20 November 2017

The Chocolate Smash Cake, Ricebags and Baked Meringues.

We celebrated my birthday last week.  I had been wanting to make a chocolate piñata smash cake for a few months now and I thought....yes!....it's my birthday....I'll make myself one!


It's a dome of chocolate covered in chocolate and filled with candy and chocolate.  There is actually no 'cake' involved...which is sort of a nice change when you live in a house of cake!

When I was making it I wasn't thinking and I put it on a glass platter.  It's supposed to be smashed......with force!  I was so afraid of breaking the glass platter that it completely ruined the effect of it all.


But it was so yummy it didn't matter anyway!

And the next one I make will NOT be on a glass platter!

The girls have been crafting.  They go on Pinterest and make all this stuff....they can even use the hot glue gun without my help!  They made these snowmen out of socks filled with rice on Saturday...but they soon became just beanbag things to throw around the house.

Then on Sunday morning, one of them is sitting on a chair....arms outstretched like a basketball hoop....and the other one is on the other side of the room throwing this ricebag trying to get it through the 'hoop'.  I stopped and watched....really girls?  Who came up with that game?  Did Jack teach you to do that?....I knew it would be Jack....You are going to hit each other in the face!

Lydia responded with....Ya, Jack showed us...and I don't care if I get hit in the face...it's FUN.

Whatever.

I tried my first attempt at making baked meringues on the weekend.  It was easier than I thought....and I made a way more than I needed.


I put them on a drip cake....chocolate ganache inside and out!...with chocolate cake too.



I had some ganache leftover and I put it in a container in the fridge and I actually forgot about it....until I saw Jack take it out and just take a big scoop of it with a spoon....and walk away....at about 9am.

It snowed on the weekend.  Lots.  The girls were quite excited about it Sunday morning.  They were out before Mass playing in the snow....they got soaked.  Then Lydia complained that it felt like she had peed her pants on the way to church because she was all wet.

It's just all the usual random stuff here.  I would try to post more but our internet is extremely slow. Do you miss me?

Brenda


2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.