Thursday 11 January 2018

Thursday.

It's Thursday.  and Thursday just turned out to be a Thursday.

No snowday.

All we ever talk about is the weather.  I guess because it's always changing.

It was North Pole cold last week and now this week it's so warm that the girls were asking if they could wear slush pants to school.  Slush pants?  No.  Just go to school and stand up at recess and don't roll in the snow.  That's what I told them.

I told them that it would be raining and they wouldn't be sent out for recess....but the sun is coming out now!

There was a prediction on some weather page on Facebook on Monday that we would get between 90-130cm of snow this Saturday.  WOW.  The weather apps we follow showed up to 20 cm and now this morning it's all been cancelled and there is no snow on Saturday.

The Douglas outdoor rink officially opened on Monday night and all the kids were told to bring skates to school on Tuesday.  But then on Tuesday it was too warm and they weren't allowed to skate.

I was making a cake this morning and it was to be a half and half slab cake.  So I was making the white cake and then the chocolate. 

As I was making the chocolate cake I was following the recipe for 1 1/2 cake batter when I measured out the dry ingredients but then I switched and started following my recipe for 2 1/2 cake batter as I measured in the wet ingredients.  It was a mess.  A big liquidy mess.

My recipe for chocolate cake has the recipes for 1 1/2 batter, double batter and 2 1/2 batter all written on the side of the original recipe.

I also threw an egg on the floor.

And dropped the cap off of the vanilla extract in the batter.

And covered everything in cocoa...including my slippers.

And then Terry came in and asked me what was wrong.

So I ended up making the half and half slab....and a ridiculous amount of chocolate cakes and cupcakes.....which we really don't need in this house right now because we just ate too much over the Christmas holidays....and we all sat around in the house because it was North Pole cold outside.


I went to town yesterday and tried something on in a change room.  Oh my.  I need to eat more of those salads.

Brenda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.